RTI Aviation Strategy 2008
In 2020, the Austrian aviation industry is significantly better positioned in the international value and supply chains than in the status quo. There will be
- three integrators (status quo: two)
- four Tier-1 holdings (status quo: three), and
- twelve leading supplier companies (doubling the status quo)
This will also lead to quantitative growth in the industry:
- Around 70 companies are active in the core area of aviation.
- About 250 units (organisations and companies: Production, R&D facilities, engineering, service providers) are at least engaged in aviation-relevant sub-activities.
- The national sales development has tripled compared to 2006 (2006: EUR 620 million),
- The number of employees and the number of high-tech jobs doubled (2006: 3,500).
The industrial companies in Austria are more strongly networked nationally/internationally and supply not only European and American but also Asian and Russian system suppliers and manufacturers to a significant extent.