SESAR Innovation Days 2023
SESAR Joint Undertaking
Inspiring long-term research in the field of air traffic management
The SIDs are based on an open call for papers and posters soliciting contributions from the ATM research community. An exhibition and several networking events will provide further opportunities to learn about interesting projects and meet like-minded researchers.
How to submit a paper?
Researchers from universities, research institutions, airlines, air navigation service providers and industry are invited to submit papers (up to 8 pages) presenting their research results within the areas of interest listed below.
Papers will be evaluated based on the innovative nature of the ideas, as well as the approach and methods applied. All papers (including SESAR contributions) will be triple peer-reviewed, a list of the SIDs committee members can be found here.
The proceedings will be available for download in electronic format on SESAR 3 JU communication channels prior to the event. All SIDs papers are also listed in Elsevier's Scopus database and assigned a Digital Object Identifier (DOI). Selected papers of the SESAR Innovation Days 2023 will also be invited to contribute to a Special Issue of the European Journal of Transport and Infrastructure Research (EJTIR).
Papers shall address ATM/UTM research related to the following topics:
- Advanced air traffic services
- Airline Operations
- Airspace Management & Design
- ATM operations, architecture and performance
- Automation, autonomy and robotics
- Aviation economics and business models
- Communications, navigation and surveillance (CNS)
- Complexity, data science and information management
- Environment and meteorology
- High performing airport operations
- Higher airspace operations
- Human factors and decision support tools
- Legal and regulatory aspects and the ATM innovation process
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Network and Flow Management
- Safety, security and resilience
- Uncertainty, applied modelling and optimisation techniques
- Unmanned aerial systems (UAS), U-space and Urban Air Mobility
Submissions shall be uploaded in pdf format via the link provided below. Templates in word and latex format are available for download on the submission page and shall be used to create the submission.
- Paper submission deadline: 6 October 2023
- Notification of acceptance: 8 November 2023
How to submit a poster or exhibit?
Partners from both academia and industry are invited to submit proposals for posters and technical exhibits or demonstrations (max one poster/exhibit/demonstration per presenter, three per organisation). As well as showing innovative solutions to traditional problems of air traffic management, posters and exhibits are not limited to only exploratory research - both new research proposals and research results are welcome.
Proposals shall be submitted with a detailed description of the subject matter, using this webform.
Do not submit the poster itself; instructions how to create the poster will be provided with the notification of acceptance. The SESAR 3 JU will also provide a poster template to be populated upon acceptance of the poster contributions.
Due to past success, exhibitors are encouraged to provide a short (max two-minute) teaser video to help promote their research. The video will be used in both pre and post communications around the event, as well as during the event to encourage people to visit your exhibition.
- Poster/exhibits submission deadline: 6 October 2023
- Notification of acceptance: 12 October 2023